Home Forums Themes Support AutoPro – Car Dealer WordPress Theme Visual Composer Plugin hasn't installed

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve downloaded all of the recommended plugins but visual composer wasn’t there. Really need a solution urgently as the baker is terrible!

Hi vivian,

Thanks for your reaching us!
      Could you please share your Admin WP login details with us?
      We will check and resolve this issue for you.
      Thanks!

I gave them originally when I first made the post, in a separate box. I can’t send them on an open forum. Please provide an email address.

To be honest, we’re quite disappointed so far. The product pages with tabbed browsing aren’t showing correctly – http://viviennepricecars.com/used-cars/rvs-camper-van-motor-home-recreational-used-vehicles/ford-chausson-flash-10-motor-home-rv/?v=79cba1185463 , the Woocommerce shop layout is an ugly mess with a blue background we can’t find an option to switch off, and we haven’t been able to create anything like the demo versions you have using the tools you’ve included. Everything useful we’ve so far had to download separately – as noted in all of the plugins you make purchasers download.

In all honesty, I’m used to bundles like that including the demo set-ups included as child themes for out-of-the-box use. I feel the theme has been miss-sold on the basis that we haven’t received the promised functionality and we’re looking at alternatives 🙁

I’d like to arrange a refund, I’m happy to ditch the theme as it isn’t what we were wanting to purchase and it is nothing like the product described.

Please can you contact FAO:Hella via [email protected] to discuss?

This reply has been marked as private.

Hello. We have been working more today and still no fix. No information shows on the product pages and we had to switch off so much functionality as it only works if you sell many of one type of car – we sell used cars, so only have one of each.

Please help us fix the issues as we are struggling to make this theme work for a used car business 🙁

Our problems are:

– Vehicle information attaching to cars that isn’t relevant and not able to amend – see the home page -every car shows as being automatic and has specs we did not select. Please explain how this information can be edited as it is useful if correct! Where can we amend this on an individual product basis or turn it off?

– No product information shows on the product pages – we have tried using a plugin we used on another theme and this is still hidden. Something is wrong, stopping the product info from showing on all variations of the theme.

– Product gallery on product page displays badly – aligns vertically and does not load zoom in a favourable way

– Cannot find instructions on how to make search work. We cannot use your ‘pedormance’ feature as it requires us to make dozens of fields for a car that may only be online for a day or two – how can we make the search talk to the enhanced category plugin your theme recommended?

– Where can we amend and edit the search?

– We cannot amend any of the on-page text on the home page – we have tried editing it but it does not show once updated. his includes the call us section, headers, phone number, links, page order of items and other features we wish to activate or deactivate

– We cannot select an alternative footer or header design from the customisation menu to apply to our current home page – so we can only see the layout with this one design

– We still do not have visual composer

– some pages are made entirely of shortcode but we can’t find reference to how or where these were constructed to amend the shortcodes to fit our business – the contact page is an example of this

– Example contact forms have Contact 7 errors

– Ninja form has incompatibility errors with ninja form

-Updated contact page to no effect – http://viviennepricecars.com/contact/ – backend shows amendments but the only change on the page is the phone number, address and email address – other elements are unaffected by edits or deletion

– Need to amend a lot of button text but no place to do this?

– Cannot remove ‘my account’ label (we are not allowing registration for accounts or payments via the website so we do not want or need an account area) and retain a dropdown menu in the header top right

We have other issues as well but these are the main ones that prevent the website functioning 🙁

Also there’s no way to visit the product page from the shop page? There’s no button to click on the products – surely the whole listing should click through to the product page? This is basic Woocommerce functionality 🙁

Hi Vivian,

You can click on the title of the product or the product image to go to the product page.

Thanks!

OK, thank you. I can amend this to put the button back later as it isn’t good UX to remove it – worth noting!

Could you please advise about the other issues noted above? I suspect having the required Visual Composer will help a lot of issues but we’re really struggling to get the theme to work as described with just Visual Bakery! There are lots of VC shortcodes which make no sense!

Our problems are:

– Vehicle information attaching to cars that isn’t relevant and not able to amend – see the home page -every car shows as being automatic and has specs we did not select. Please explain how this information can be edited as it is useful if correct! Where can we amend this on an individual product basis or turn it off?

– No product information shows on the product pages – we have tried using a plugin we used on another theme and this is still hidden. Something is wrong, stopping the product info from showing on all variations of the theme.

– Product gallery on product page displays badly – aligns vertically and does not load zoom in a favourable way

– Cannot find instructions on how to make search work. We cannot use your ‘pedormance’ feature as it requires us to make dozens of fields for a car that may only be online for a day or two – how can we make the search talk to the enhanced category plugin your theme recommended?

– Where can we amend and edit the search?

– We cannot amend any of the on-page text on the home page – we have tried editing it but it does not show once updated. his includes the call us section, headers, phone number, links, page order of items and other features we wish to activate or deactivate

– We cannot select an alternative footer or header design from the customisation menu to apply to our current home page – so we can only see the layout with this one design

– We still do not have visual composer

– some pages are made entirely of shortcode but we can’t find reference to how or where these were constructed to amend the shortcodes to fit our business – the contact page is an example of this

– Example contact forms have Contact 7 errors

– Ninja form has incompatibility errors with ninja form

-Updated contact page to no effect – http://viviennepricecars.com/contact/ – backend shows amendments but the only change on the page is the phone number, address and email address – other elements are unaffected by edits or deletion

– Need to amend a lot of button text but no place to do this?

– Cannot remove ‘my account’ label (we are not allowing registration for accounts or payments via the website so we do not want or need an account area) and retain a dropdown menu in the header top right

We have other issues as well but these are the main ones that prevent the website functioning 🙁

Hi again,

We need your FTP login details to fix some issue for you.
      Please send it for us!
      Thanks!

— we are using acf for autopro. If you change the slug will not be able to display. If you want to add or delete fields we can help you

http://prntscr.com/halavf

http://prntscr.com/halb0r

— Search based on the fields of the car detail
      http://prntscr.com/halcam
      http://prntscr.com/halcp0

— Can you give me what you want to change for your web maybe with visual more. If you can import data from the beginning, it will be easier to configure

I’m confused, you mean you built the theme with nonsense slugs but you can’t change them (a requirement for good website SEO). Why didn’t you use post/page ID?! Surely that issue would create 404s, not prevent editing which is the issue I have?

I need to be able to see information on product pages – at the moment they’re blank
      I need to be able to edit the pages that are on the site – at present I make changes and they don’t work, I delete elements and they are still there – I can’t edit any of the page sections pulled in on the homepage
      I need visual composer to see what all of the VC codes are doing as some pages are just VC codes

I also need a better way to contact you as it’s becoming very frustrating having to air all of these grievances on a forum – I’ve been seeking a solution for over a week!

I’m pretty annoyed – you’ve turned on a bunch of features I switched off because we don’t want them. This is costing me personally a lot of money, I am not being paid to undo things over and over because the theme is not working! Visual Composer is still not installed – that was the ONLY thing I gave you permission to touch! Can you please give me some alternative contact information? I’m not happy to be having to write all of this on a forum. I didn’t give you permission to do anything but install visual composer.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

I’m presuming you cannot give Visual Composer as advertised? Only visual bakery? It does not work as well. Every change makes the page jump back to the top – it takes a long time to build pages. The frontend editor is useless!

For Used Cars, the following information is important:

– Brand
      – Model
      – Mileage
      – Gearbox type
      – Fuel type
      – Service history (individual to each car)
      – Vehicle ownership history (individual to each car)
      – Specs (individual to each car)

We want it to display just like Woocommerce intends – just with a ‘book a test drive’ form instead of ‘add to basket’ button. What we have is no product information on every product page. A box style wireframe is attached, although not sure why this is needed? It’s exactly how Woocommerce displays as default with a book a test drive form!

Again, we cannot use the weird functionality you’ve programmed because it takes a long time just to add one product – it takes 10 minutes to create it this way and it’s accurate. The custom fields should still provide parameters to enable compare and search – but they can currently not be seen on the product pages, nothing we change fixes this. Please put it right!

Attachments:

Please can you let me know some alternative contact information? I’m happy to stay up all night to make a phone call if it means I can sort this out faster!

Please select Classic Mode for shortcode. If your web site is slow to load, you will not be able to display the backend edit and then select classic mode.

http://prntscr.com/hb56vx

I have created an example of your needs. Please check . If you are satisfied I will style for you
      http://prntscr.com/hb5rb3
      http://prntscr.com/hb5rz3

Citroen C1 1.0L 3 Door Hatchback

Thank you for trying but the layout is all wrong. It would be preferable to have the traditional Woocommerce layout which we can have with almost any theme.

Please see another site I did – https://thefoundstylist.com/shop/allsaints-spitalfields-silk-spring-forest-nami-dress-uk-size-8/

I can manage tabbed browsing using plugins which I have already installed – it is better presented than the example you sent as it uses the full page width to market the selling points which is better for mobile navigation and improves user experience.

The only thing we need to be different to this sort of layout is to have no add to cart button and the ability to add a form. At the moment the Ninja form addition is not working so we can’t create test drive forms for the products – even if it could be seen on the front end! 🙁

Thank you for the attentive help

Thank you for the edits so far, I’m grateful to you for ensuring I can see info on the product pages.

Please could you advise where the ‘test deive’ text can be amended (It should be ‘Test Drive’ out of the box) – We’d like it to read ‘Book a Test Drive’.

The Vehicle Ownership history, service history and specs will be covered in the short and long description so we don’t need boxes for these. We do need registration month/year, body type and engine size, please!

We also now have a conflict with custom fields as we have to duplicate the key information. Do we need to add everything twice or does the functionality you’ve added to the product page allow us to utilise your compare / search tools?

Regarding page display, Could you please allow the title, categories and brand to show on the page too?

Could you please tell me where can we amend the button text throughout the design? We have issues with MSPR showing on price buttons, ‘order now’ buttons (we don’t sell online) etc.

And where can we edit the product elements in Visual Bakery, please? The ‘special offers’ style product feature with the large previews is good but it has ‘order now’ info and also headings we need to edit.

It may help to see our current site. Our current site is custom coded and as such the company owner can’t add to it as required, which is the reason for switching. We want to closely emulate what we have while taking advantage of better marketing opportunities using WordPress. We thought your theme was perfect when we found it but in practice it has been difficult to create the results we expected with the many features offered.http://vivianpricecars.com/used-cars/ford-chausson-2012/04141

Attachments:

— I gave the tab to the default you can customize it with your plugin.
      — You change the form drive here.
      http://prntscr.com/hco7tn

Hello,

Thank you for the changes but there are still problems

1. product pages now have a cover and ‘vehicles detail title (correct English is Vehicle Details) – could both this title and the cover image be removed, please?

2. The tags tab doesn’t work and isn’t really what I meant. Can you please remove this.

3. The form box is incorrectly formatted to be 100% width – could you please make it match the description section width

4. There are formatting problems with the long description presentation – please see http://viviennepricecars.com/shop/ford-chausson-flash-10-motorhome/

5. Car info section on the product pages – Vehicle ownership history & specs boxes need removing on the add product pages – can you please advise where this information shows? I can’t see it anywhere on the page and expected to see it below the short description.

I also tried changing the ‘Book a Test Drive’ <h1>text and even removing the form doesn’t enable it to be edited. It’s probably best this is removed if it can’t be amended.

When I add a form, it now adds it twice? I also can’t change how anything in that box is presented – it overrides the layout formatting I add.

Related products aren’t showing at the bottom of the pages – we can’t add them in visual bakery as it will place them on the wrong part of the page. Obviously we don’t want to assign products manually because they will sell out – it should recommend products from the same category and not show sold out items. Could you please advise how you’ve switched this off so I can put it right?

You’ve turned on H1s and a header/ cover image sitewide – please, we didn’t ask for this. We just want product titles to appear on product pages as they normally do with every other theme on Woocommerce.

We’ve found another problem, none of the bundled plugins are able to be updated and 2 already need updating before we’ve even managed to launch the site. Can you please provide the activation codes for the bundles products purchased as part of your theme? They’re showing as unregistered which doesn’t seem right.

We’ve just tried using another theme and every page we’ve created is unavailable unless we use your theme. Can you please advise why 40 hours of content work is only available with your theme activated? This isn’t anything you’ve made, it’s our own content.

Hi,

Please can you contact us urgently? It appears that your theme is preventing us from accessing any content that we’ve created in the past 3 weeks other than the products unless we use your child theme. You have made amendments to this product that mean it is more than a theme and have adapted it on our site in ways that has left broken code visible and still does not work.

I appreciate you trying to fix it but it hasn’t worked, it looks worse than it did last week and I really need to finish this project and move on – it’s how I pay my bills and you are stopping me paying my rent with all of this for 3 weeks.

It was never mentioned in your marketing material that using this theme would mean we cannot use any of our content anywhere else. I am stuck in a position where you have made something that doesn’t work and all of the work I have created can’t be used unless I stay with your broken theme. That isn’t manageable. You haven’t been able to correct this in 3 weeks.

Can you please provide your contact information urgently?

Please add background for titlebar here.
      http://prntscr.com/hdkw65
      We have fixed some issues for you. Other issues you can give me the specific images so that we can easily solve for you

Viewing 31 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.