Home Forums Themes Support Passion WordPress Theme Upload new theme release

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

I tried updating the theme through ftp, but my site is completely corrupted. I came back to the old version and now comments do not work anymore. There is also the problem updating the “WPBakery Visual Composer” plugin and especially “Advanced Custom Fields PRO” which I believe is the cause of the comments malfunction.
      I think your theme has serious problems! If you can not fix it quickly I’ll have to inform the Envato organization because I think selling such poor products is negative for their reputation.
      I look forward to your answer.
      Greetings
      Claudio

Hi Claudio,

Thank you for contacting us. The problem might come from “Advanced Custom Fields PRO” plugin. Please give us your Admin + FTP login details here, we will check and get back to you soon.

This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Claudio,

Please give us your FTP login details, we will test the updating with that plugin.

Hi Claudio!
      1. We update new version of theme to compatible with Woocommerce 3.0 and above. Its mean you can’t use old theme with new Woocommerce. Please keep all old if it was stable, or update all.

2. Please give me FTP info(FTP server / username / password / port), I will check why comment not work!

3. You can’t update PRO plug in if you did not buy it, we buy it alredy for our theme, if you want to update WPBakery Visual Composer, you can do:
      – Deactive WPBakery Visual Composer,
      – Delete it
      – Press here http://prntscr.com/f5penn
      – Press Install on next screen
      – Active WPBakery Visual Composer again
      I already do it for you,(you don’t need update Advanced Custom Fields PRO, it was stable )
      Thanks!

Hi! Please check again in your system. I had deleted our theme, activated default theme and disactivated all your plugin but Comments still did not work. http://prntscr.com/f63d3x http://prntscr.com/f63d9e. Please check on your system and make sure everything will be ok and reinstall theme. we recommend you to back up all you need before change anything

Hi,
      I’m not very happy because you’ve come into my site, deleted the child theme and the widgets setting, and finally declare that you have not solved the problem and that I have to think about it. But at the bottom of the page of the single product the following alert appears:

Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 2 in /home/zq22zk3x/public_html/wp-content/themes/passion/woocommerce/single-product/related.php on line 2

I think this error depends on your theme and that you have to solve it.
      I worked all night to restore the site and my client is very angry because he thinks it’s my fault if his site is always down.
      Now I have to update the theme, will I still find new troubles?
      I think I will give you two more days later, it will be advisable to alert the entire Envato Community that your theme is disastrous as your technical support!
      I’m really angry!
      Regards

Hi!
      I fixed that, but the inactive comment does not come from our theme! You can try by deleting the theme and trying on a default theme, Comments still does not work. Or you can install our theme on another host. Please try first!
      Review Last comment please!

Hi,
      If you read all of my posts in this topic, you can see that I’ve already had this problem twice and every time the Advanced Custom Fields PRO plugin was not updated. When you give me the plugin update, comments came back active. Give me the upgrade and you’ll see that the problem is resolved. But this solution is not final, if you have chosen to insert a plugin into your theme you need to keep it updated in real time.
      I do not even want to comment on your absurd proposal to change hosts, maybe I should change the theme!
      Bye

The latest version of the Advanced Custom Fields PRO plugin is 5.5.13
      Bye

Like this http://prntscr.com/f6wl04 ?
      Did you read how to update PRO plug in that we included?
      Did you try to removed our theme and active a default theme? Please try and back with us!

Like this http://prntscr.com/f6wl04 ?
      Did you read how to update PRO plug in that we included?
      Did you try to removed our theme and active a default theme? Please try and back with us!

As I told you I already had this problem (see post #4632 in my “Plugin update” topic) and I have already done all of these tests, I have reinstalled WordPress and tested the host setting but with no results. In practice, the situation was resolved by updating the plugin.
      In any case I have many WordPress installations on this host and none have these issues.
      Does the new theme release contain version 5.5.13 of the plugin?
      Bye

Hi!
      You are in 5.5.13 now.
      And I remind you that when you activate the default theme, the comment still does not work, it means that the problem does not come from our theme, we refuse to assist you with this.
      If you have other problem, please back!

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.