Home Forums Themes Support Aqua WordPress Theme update failure

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author

Hi there

I’m just about to update my aqua theme but it doesn’t work. Uploading the theme works just fine but when I’ll try to activate; I get the following message:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘[‘ in /home/d29998/golfbilder.nu/wp-content/themes/aqua/framework/widgets/TwitterAPP/Config.php on line 27

Now, the whole webpage is down showing only the message above. Please advice

Kind regards
      /Knut

Hi Knut,

Thanks for reaching us!
      And sorry for this.
      Could you please give me FTP info?
      We will resolve it for you.
      Thanks!

Great!

Ftp server: www11.space2u.com
      User name: d29998
      Password: TppuiMwp

Unfortanetly, I also tried installing the update on another of my domains with the same result.
      The two domains are:

http://www.golfbilder.nu
      http://www.lidoparadiso.se

Same ftp info on both.

Thanks for helping out
      /Knut

Hi!
      we can not access to your FTP. Please allow access from Asia.

Connection refused by server

Thank you!

Hi

Are you sure you used the right ftp-info? According to my web host the ftp shall work no matter where in the world you are. I just doublechecked and the info I sent works just fine.

Hi!
      We send you a video when we try to connect to your FTP
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8lg94DCNXTHSzNnM1FTbUl4bkU/view?usp=sharing

Ok. I’ve been talking to my web host and as far as I can understand the problem is caused by the quick connect. When using quick connect, filezilla uses a method (FTPS) that is not being supported by my host. You have to create a site for the ftp in File -> Site manager and there create it with “Plain FTP” in order to make it work.

Hope this helps
      /Knut

Hi!
      1. I had try with “quick connect” or another way, “active mode”, “passive mode”, “FTP over TSL”, “plain FTP” …

2. And about this:

You have to create a site for the ftp in File -> Site manager and there create it with “Plain FTP” in order to make it work.

You have to do it by yourself on your host manager. If you can give me your host login info (control panel login), I can help you!

Thank you!

This is strange. I thought this should be done by you in your filezilla ( under file).
      I double-checked with my host and they confirmed – there is nothing I can do from here.
      Point 2 above can only be fixed by you

Hi!
      Your site is running.
      Please active all require plugin!
      thank you!

Great! Thank you

Now another problem has occurred though, theme options doesn’t work on either of the domains. What have I done wrong?

http://www.golfbilder.nu
      User: Knut
      password: tejp2000bit

Hi there. I don’t want to rush you but any news about haw to solve the non working theme option? I can’t do required work on the site before that is solved.

Thanks for helping
      /Knut

Hello!
      I’m checking for you! We have some permissions issues, I will send you a notification when I’m done.
      Thank you for waiting!

Hi!
      Hello! Can you check your host for me? I continually encounter 500 errors!

Sure thing

But what does 500 error mean? What exactly is it you want me to check?
      Sorry for the questions but this technical things aint my strong side
      and I want to be sure to ask the right questions in order to gen an helpful
      answer.

Hi! Can you contact to your host and ask them why your site is not working, Thank you!
      I give you a screenshot http://prntscr.com/gyt4ja
      Thank you!

Hi there

That’s strange. They are all working from where I’m sitting. I have tried several computers, browsers and they all works. Could it be something with your local network? Do they work if you try with mobile data?

Actually, I had the same problem this saturday when I noticed that the theme options did not work. When trying to use it, all my sites stoped working. But as it appeared, only in my local network. They worked fine from other networks and via mobile data. I did not quite see the connection than but now when you get the same problem it´s seems rather likely that there is something with the theme that is awkward.

I spent a few hours with both my host ( nothing wrong there) and with my internet supplier but neither could find the problem. Sunday morning when I tried again, it all worked again.

Hi!
      I can’t access to your site, use mobile data too. Can you check again, firewall example, or I can try again on tomorrow!
      Thank you!

I checked with my host again. No problems and all my sites worked great from here.

You can try again tomorrow. No problems

Hi!
      And you also check your firewall?
      Thank you for your patience!
      I will try on tomorrow!

No, no fire wall issues at my host. It has to be a local thing. My guess is that is something in the theme or a plugin that somehow trigger a local firewall or something else that causes this problem.

Hear from you tomorrow
      Have a nice evening
      /Knut

Any news?

Hi
      I found your problem.
      WE need PHP 5.4 or higher to run, you are running PHP 5.3.29. Please contact your host to update your PHP version to 5.4 or higher.
      Thank you!

OK. Thank you. I will do that

Have a nice day

/Knut

Viewing 24 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.