Home Forums Themes Support Resto – Restaurant & Cafe WordPress Theme Upcoming events widget issue

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,

I’ve got a problem with the event widget on the main page. I didn’t change its code and still it doesn’t work properly. I attach the print screen of my page. I tried to change the width of the excerpt on the left (they are wider than in the preview of the theme) but I think there is a problem with the columns widths. Could you please tell me what to do with it?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting. We checked your live site.http://prntscr.com/eay1fi padding left, right.
      You can style directly :

line 41 resto/framework/shortcodes/event/event.php:

Could you please write me exactly what I need to change there (line 41)? I tried to write the “width” in line 41 in event.php, but it’s not working (see the screenshot). I also tried to find this width line in the style.css sheet but I couldn’t find it. When I use the editor in my wordpress panel admin, in the child theme, then it’s working but after changing the screen width it all goes wrong… (see the screenshot). When I’m searching through the page inspector in Chrome, it shows that the line I’m looking for is in file index, line 112 (see the screenshot), but somehow I can’t edit it… Could you please write me the exact formula that I should insert in the file event.php?

Thanks!

Attachments:

Hi,
      Change:

to

and save.

Hey, I think you didn’t add the screenshots 😉

Hi,

Sorry for that. I added a div tag and it didn’t show.
      Here: change http://prntscr.com/effi3g to http://prntscr.com/effij2
      line 41 resto/framework/shortcodes/event/event.php Then save.

Could you please send FTP info (via private reply). I will change it for you.

Hi,

thank you, now it’s working. But I’ve noticed something else – I’m attaching screeshots of the event widget on my page and in the preview of your theme. It’s the same screen width but events look totally different. How can I fix that?

Attachments:

Please try to clear cache! It looks good on my browser, you can see: http://prntscr.com/efgcib

Kind Regards,

After clearing my cache, cookies and history in my browser, still not working…

Attachments:

Hello, I still haven’t received the solution to this problem. I’ve noticed that the tip you gave me to fix the problem in the full screen mode (to add style=”width:58%”) is the reason why the event widget doesn’t look properly in the mobile version (or after changing the screen width) – when I delete the style=”width:58%” from the code, mobile version works correctly. So at the moment I have a choice: either the full screen mode works correctly or the mobile version. But in the preview of the theme everything works fine and you there is no style=”width:58%” in its code. Please solve this problem because I’ve spent enough time trying to fix this issue. Right now the theme is unacceptable to me :/

I’m attaching the print screen so you can see exactly what this problem is about. Notice that in the preview version of your theme everything works fine without changing the code. So is it about the css or what?

Attachments:

Hi there,

Thank you for your patience.

Thought that the big space between padding left and right makes the mess, leading to the wrong responsive layout.

For better view, you should use ‘Wide’ instead of ‘Box Layout’.

Regards,

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.