Home Forums Themes Support Aqua WordPress Theme Unable to install/activate the theme

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Hi! I downloaded the them from Themeforest and tried to install it on InstantWordpress local installation as well as on live site. Didn’t work. I did it exactly according to your instructions in “documentation” folder.

When uploading the file aqua.zip through WordPress dashboard, it doesn’t finish the upload. I get the message “Please try again”. See the attached image. Meanwhile, the upload of “aqua_child” theme (just for the test) is successful.

When copying the “aqua” folder to …/wp-content/themes/ folder, I see the theme among themes in WordPress dashboard, but after I click “activate” I get this message: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘[‘ in C:\InstantWP_4.5\iwpserver\htdocs\wordpress\wp-content\themes\aqua\framework\widgets\TwitterAPP\Config.php on line 27

Please see the image attached.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi arvencare,

Thank you for reaching us and sorry for the issue you are facing.

The issue seems to me that the PHP version needs to be upgraded up to 5.4.x

After having the PHP version upgraded, if the result is still the same, then get back to me with your Admin login details. I’ll assist you to install the theme & import the dummy data for you.

Dear Sophie, I checked the php version on my local server and it really needs to be updated. Though on live site, I updated the php and the theme works well.

Thanks,
      Petra

I’m glad to hear your site working well now.
      If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them below.

Hi,

the Aqua theme in my local WordPress installation still doesn’t succeed to install.
      My local WordPress installation is running on MAMP version 3.3.0 for Windows, PHP version 7.0.13, WordPress 4.7.5.

After clicking “upload theme” and adding file “aqua.zip” I get the WordPress Failure notice. Please find attached the screenshot.

Also, the theme doesn’t work on my live site. It installs successfully, but after the install and activation there is an error message on site: Fatal error: Call to a member function get_cart() on null in /home/arvenc47/public_html/wp-content/themes/aqua/framework/headers/header-v4.php on line 30. You can see it live on http://www.arvencare.com

Please help with both issues.

Thanks, Petra

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi,

please check values your host

http://prntscr.com/fhph2v

I think values max upload size too low.

Thanks

Thanks, Robert!

We resolved the problem on live site – it seems the problem was because we forgot to activate the WooCommerce plugin.

The problem remains in local WordPress installation where we have a website in development – as I said, our local WordPress installation is running on MAMP version 3.3.0 for Windows, PHP version 7.0.13, WordPress 4.7.5. and Aqua theme doesn’t succeed to install. We get the WordPress Failure notice as seen in attachment.

Hi, we managed to resolve the issue by copying the theme directly into the themes folder. Obviously, there is some general problem with installing in WordPress since we had to do the same with plugins.

Best, Petra

Hi,

Please give me FTP and admin info.

I’ll check it for you

Thanks

Hi, it’s working now. We managed to resolve the issue by copying the theme directly into the themes folder. I hope the theme will be working the same as with direct installation in WordPress.
      Though, it seems that installing process failed due to problems with our local WordPress installation on Windows virtual server. Do you know if such problems often occur in local installations?

Thanks, Petra

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.