Home Forums Themes Support Resto – Restaurant & Cafe WordPress Theme The Revolution Slider is not working

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,

I have purchased the theme on Themeforest.
      I went through the doc to install it, it was pretty straight forward process, and it was installed without any problem.

Although, after the installation of the theme and demo data, I noticed that the revolution slider on the homepage is not working.
      I used “Console” option of Chrom to debug the issue and I am seeing this error ( attached with this message ).

I removed all the sliders, and re-imported from the theme data. Still no luck.
      Please help me.

Thank you.
      Mehul Katpara

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi there,

Sorry for the problem.

Please try to remove the Revolution Slider Plugin and re-install it again with the newest version, then re-import the dummy-sliders again. Please feel free to get back to us if you need any our assistance.

Kind Regards,
      Sophie

Hello,

Also for me dont work. Can you help me with slider?

Regards

Sorry for the unexpected problem from plugin.

Do you think you can share with me your Admin + FTP info? We’ll check the possibility of a certain plugin conflict.

Meanwhile, you can switch to use the old version of it.

Kind Regards,
      Sophie

This reply has been marked as private.

Sophie Neveu you saw my details? Can you try to fix this problem for me?

Hello Sophie,

I did the following:
      1. I deleted the Revslider, and reinstalled it from the Install plugins options. It did not work, I was getting the same error.
      2. I created another demo project on my local machine, installed the theme, I installed only ‘revslider’ and ‘vc editor’, then imported the demo content. It doesn’t work either, and it gives the same error.

What should I do? Can I make an account for you to have a look?
      Please advice.

Thank you.

I’m very sorry to hear the bad news from you again.

With the version 5.3.1.5, it works properly.

For this problem, we have to work with plugin’s author and wait for their news. It takes so long to receive the replies from them.

I’ll get back to you when I have news. Thanks for your patience!

Kind Regards,
      Sophie

Hi Sophie,

The theme installs RevSlider v5.4.1 by default.
      I tried to debug the issue, the problem is that, the file
      “wp-content/themes/resto/assets/js/jquery.gridrotator.js”, is not compatible with the given RevSlider plugin.
      When I take that file out, the Revslider works without any issue.

Please let the theme developer know, that the issue is with this file. ( I am not a frontend developer so I can’t say what the issue is tho ).

One of the solution that worked for me is that,

Go to “wp-content/themes/resto/functions.php”, look for the function “jws_theme_theme_enqueue_script()“.

Change the line
      wp_enqueue_script('jquery.gridrotator', JWS_THEME_URI_PATH . '/assets/js/jquery.gridrotator.js',array(),"1");

and comment it out!

It’s a temporary fixed, although I would appreciate if you can find a way to have gridrotator.js loaded as well.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.