December 6, 2016 at 11:25 PM #2076
It is very important that your server is properly configured before importing the demo data. There are different factors involved when your dummy data is not importing properly.
- If you are using shared hosting then you may face more issues since mostly in shared hosting you have limited resources such as limited bandwidth and limited memory which cause issues during the importing process.
- There is another factor which is also involved apart from the hosting such as if your server has set low file upload size limit and your xml file is of larger size than the upload size limit set by the server then you can still have issues during the demo data importing.
- Sometimes you are having a slow internet connection which usually breaks the connection with the server and your demo data is not imported properly. The reason behind that is the maximum execution timeout limit set by the server is usually set to 60 seconds, if the demo data xml file is of large size then it may require sometime maybe 300 seconds to import the demo data properly so if you have low timeout limit set then again you are inviting problems.
- Sometimes when you try to import the demo data it may result to internal server error 500 which is something related to the server configuration. It is good to have a good hosting with adequate resources so that you don’t run into memory issues.
Recommended Server Configuration
All these limitations can be removed by adjusting some settings on your server. You can adjust the settings inside your php.ini file as described below.
- Set max_execution_time = 300 seconds or more
- file_upload_max_size = 16MB (It will also help during theme installation from admin Dashboard if you have set file upload size limit to 16 MB)
- memory_limit = 256MB
WordPress PHP Info Plugin
WordPress PHP Info plugin can be very useful in checking your server configuration settings. The plugin can help non technical users to diagnose server related issues and can provide you very useful feedback about your server settings. This simple plugin adds an option to an administrator’s Tools menu which displays standard phpinfo() feedback details to the user. You can install the plugin from the WordPress plugin directory or from this link.
Why Failed to Import Error Is Caused
It is also noticed that when anyone try to import the demo data through the WordPress Importer they usually get some errors such as Failed to import and many people think this is an error but the fact is it is not an error. The main reason is described below.
- Sometimes when you check the option of importing the demo data with media attachments, the media which may vary depending on the theme is usually in size and it takes more time to import the media and if the server maximum execution timeout limit gets expired it shows the message Failed to import and your demo data is not imported properly.
Solution For Failed to Import Error
- You can increase your maximum execution timeout limit in yourphp.ini file of your server and it set to 180 seconds which is approximately 4 minutes.
- In such cases it is good to check your posts and pages and analyze whether you want to again give a try to import demo data or you can start developing your site from the imported demo data since in most cases it is imported completely with some images being lost.
If you are trying import the demo data again then first remove the existing data from your website so that it do not duplicates the data when you are importing again.
All these steps will help you in importing the demo data successfully without any complications of any theme and your time will be saved if you are on tight deadline.May 17, 2017 at 5:07 PM #5832
please, for laforat theme, import data file URLMay 18, 2017 at 8:14 AM #5839
Thank you for reaching us.
You could find the download file from ThemeForest after having purchased the theme.
Otherwise, you can give me your Admin Login info, I’ll install the theme &n import the dummy-data for you or if you would like to do it yourself, I’ll send you the link download. Please drop me a line below telling me your choice!August 11, 2017 at 7:00 PM #7913This reply has been marked as private.August 12, 2017 at 8:01 AM #7928
Thanks for reaching us.
Please open the other ticket and offer us the necessary information (link your site + user + pass). We will help you import the demo data.
Thanks!September 7, 2017 at 1:12 PM #8597
Good afternoon. All settings in php.ini issued, but the import still is not. File demogenic in the archive there. What could be the reason?September 7, 2017 at 1:27 PM #8598
Hi MY Web,
Thanks for reaching us!
Could you please open the new ticket, and give me your Admin info?
We will check and get back to you later.
Thanks!September 7, 2017 at 8:06 PM #8617
I have send you my wp login detail along with password. can u please import demo data to my site.
thanksSeptember 8, 2017 at 5:06 PM #8642
Please open the new ticket to we can follow easier.
And please send me your Admin info again!
We didn’t receive the information from you.
Waiting for the feed back from you.
Thanks!November 21, 2017 at 7:39 PM #11112November 22, 2017 at 8:22 AM #11147
Please open new ticket and give us your Admin info!
We will check this for you.
Thanks!November 22, 2017 at 10:59 PM #11209November 27, 2017 at 10:50 AM #11231
Please give us the link to your site!
Thanks!November 27, 2017 at 1:52 PM #11236November 27, 2017 at 3:44 PM #11243
Please increase max execution time value and then import once again.
Thanks!June 23, 2018 at 7:13 AM #16875June 23, 2018 at 8:05 AM #16877
Thanks for reaching us!
Please open another ticket and send us Admin + FTP info!
We will check and assist you import the demo data.
Thanks!June 23, 2018 at 8:31 AM #16880June 23, 2018 at 9:20 AM #16881
We tried to import the demo data for you.
Unfortunaly, we meet this trouble.
Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.
The error occurs when server allocates less than required maximum execution time to PHP so try increasing maximum execution time by using following solutions and if the solutions don’t help then contact your web host to increase it.June 23, 2018 at 2:33 PM #16884
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.