Home Forums How to install theme and One Click Import All Demo Data

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

You’ve heard this a thousand times: WordPress is the most popular content management system (aka CMS) in the world. W3Techs reports that 59% of sites using CMS are built on WordPress. It’s so successful that it’s almost become a synonym for CMS!

So what makes WordPress the preferred choice for millions of developers, designers, and anyone who needs a website really?

First of all, WordPress is free and open source. This doesn’t only mean that you get it for free (duh), but also that a team of developers from all over the world works constantly on improving it. Also, there’s a crazy amount of plugins available that integrate with the platform. These allow you to add all sorts of functionalities to your website—from image sliders to calendars, news feeds, spam filters and so on. It’s also very easy to use: its interface is simple and intuitive, and the web is full of WP tutorials of all kinds to help you make the most out of it.

In a nutshell, it’s an extremely versatile system that enables you to create pretty much any sort of website you can think of.

Yes, any sort. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that WordPress is just for small-business websites, blogs and other small-to-mid size projects. That’s very far from the truth! Plenty of complex e-commerce sites are built on WordPress, and doing pretty well 😉

Another great thing about it? It’s easy to customize. You don’t have to be a web developer to personalize your WordPress site: you can play around with its dashboard, and use a theme to make it look awesome.

And WordPress themes is what this page is about! What are they? Glad you asked. We are talking about pre-designed and pre-built layouts that you can apply to your website. If the WordPress dashboard allows you to take care of the content of your site (categories, subcategories, sections, pages, text and so on) a theme will define what the site looks like. Its visual design and its interactions. What color will the background be? How will a link be highlighted when you hover with your mouse? Will it have a large slider in the homepage? That’s what a theme is about.

If you need to build a website but don’t have the time, or the skills, to design it yourself—you’re in the right place. ThemeForest is home of a huge and varied library of WordPress themes created by a global community of creatives… But there’s more. Let’s take a closer look and see what makes these themes great:

1. Top quality. Not only do we have some of the best designers and developers selling their themes on ThemeForest. Our Quality team reviews every single one of them before they go on sale.
      2. Built for all devices. You don’t need us to tell you that nowadays people will be likely to visit your website from different devices. The templates you’ll find here cater for all screen sizes—and you know how important this is.
      3. E-commerce ready. WordPress-powered e-commerce sites are everywhere in the web these days, and for good reason! E-commerce site templates will integrate perfectly with the likes of Magento, Shopify and other platforms that make it easier for you to open your online shop.
      4. A creative community at work. Envato Market is the home of the largest global community of creatives. Our authors are talented professionals, extremely passionate about their work.
      5. Support when you need it. All themes come with detailed documentation on how to use them. And if you need assistance with bugs or issues, our authors will be there to help out. Plus, the Envato Help Center is always just a click away.

How to install The theme:

Important: If you get a message that says Error: missing style.css stylesheet, then you must open the theme package you just tried to upload and install the [themename].zip file inside of the package.

Install Theme via Theme Uploader

1. Download and unzip the theme package (Note: Some browsers such as Safari will also unzip the contents when you download them, so you must rezip the theme folder in order to upload the theme via WordPress uploader.)
      2. Log in to your WordPress Dashboard (i.e.: examplesite.com/wp-admin)
      3. Click on Appearance > Themes
      4. On the Themes page, click the Add New button on the top of the page
      5. Click the Upload Theme button
      6. Choose the [themename].zip from your theme package download.
      7. Press the Install Now button
      8. Back on the Themes page, click on Activate

Install Theme via FTP

1. Download and unzip the theme package
      2. Locate the [Theme Name] folder inside the the theme package folder
      3. Connect to your server using a FTP client and open the wp-content folder
      4. Open the themes folder
      5. Upload the [Theme Name] folder from the theme package folder and place inside the wp-content/themes folder on your server
      6. Log in to your WordPress Dashboard (i.e.: examplesite.com/wp-admin)
      7. Click on Appearance > Themes
      8. Back on the Themes page, click on Activate

How to USE ONE CLICK IMPORT DATA:

1. Download and unzip the theme package( include sample data + document + theme ).
      2. Locate the [Theme Name] theme folder inside the theme package folder.
      3. Active default theme and delete old version [Theme Name] theme.
      4. Install [Theme Name] from[Theme Name] theme folder.
      5. Install and active all requirement plugins (check Unyson active).
      6. Log in to your WordPress Dashboard (i.e.: examplesite.com/wp-admin)
      7. Click on Appearance > Themes
      8. Back on the Themes page, click on Activate.
      9. View similar video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9Q6Yf6zVUA

PLease help my demo content does not install correctly can you please assist

This reply has been marked as private.

Please reply to private ticket above.

Hi dev-create,

Sorry for the delay!
      Please contact your host and ask them increase these values for you!
      http://prntscr.com/jrvktr
      And then please back here!
      We will install and import the demo data for you.
      Looking forward to hearing from you!

This reply has been marked as private.

Nothing comes through from manual or One Click Demo upload in terms of demo content files.

Hi again,

This problem not come from our theme.
      Please increase the values that we mentioned above.
      Have you seen the screenshot that we have just send for you yet?
      Many people have this same issue because their host have some value not enough to install or import the demo data like you.
      And we supported them resolve this issue.
      We can see these value haven’t been increase now.
      Please do it now!
      http://prntscr.com/jrvqj2
      Thanks!

That’s crazy!; the demo needs more than 512M? wow! – also I’m not getting PHP errors like usual when this is the case when uploading demo content. Why do you advertise free demo content installation on themeforest ( so you get bad reviews when you don’t do it? ). sample.xml uploads nothing…. with no errors shown. I’ll talk to some others on the forum if support can’t help – hopefully some other customers of yours can help.

Hi dev-create,

We didn’t mentioned the WordPress Memmory limit value.
      http://prntscr.com/jrvvyg
      You can see the sreenshot in the previous post, we marked some value with red box.
      It includes the values as PHP post max size, PHP time limit, Max upload size.
      They need to be increased to higher.
      Thanks!

Hello,
      I have changed php settings to needed values. When I try to install demo contend, the process got an error after a few seconds:
      “Request failed. Error code: 403”

I think the sample data is not at the right place. Where do I have to move it?

Hi Chillmaster,

Thanks for reaching us!
      Please open a new ticket and send us Admin login detail!
      We will check and assist you.
      Thanks!

Thanks for reply. I just imported the data manually. And it works for me.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.