Home Forums Themes Support Vineyard WordPress Theme Demo sample data not under Tools >

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

I bought the vineyard theme this week. I’ve installed the parent and child theme. I activated the child theme. I am trying to use the demo/sample data. I watched the youtube video on where the demo data install link is supposed to be but there is no “install” button as indicated in the youtube video at minute 2:17: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVEWRy-ipf4

I also tried the parent theme with the same problem

There is no Tools > Demo Content Install under “Tools” on the side bar. I looked elsewhere and can not find it.

See the attached screenshot so you can see what I see.

I need help. A client is waiting on this site.

Ken

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi,

Please, active all require plugins. Please, see video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aID94L2Kkfo&t=3s

If you have trouble with install Demo Data. Our support team will check and import demo data. Please, send admin login info to us.

I got to the demo data by installing the plugins first as instructed

The demo data failed to install as I was signed out of the site part way thru the demo data install.

I had to use UpdraftPlus to restore my site.

Now when I try to reinstall the demo data the extension thinks the demo data is already installed and only shows me the “Activate” option. When I turn activate on, I only see garbage text on the screen

How do I fix this so I can try to reload the demo data again?

I do not want you to have access to my files so please don’t ask. I have been doing this for a long time. I just want to know how to get your demo data extension to start the reinstall process from scratch. Is there a folder I need to delete?

See two images attached.

Thank you.

Attachments:

Please ignore the previous help request. I figured out how to get the demo data to reload.

However, the demo data loading causes the admin to be signed out of the wordpress site near the end of the demo data process, just before the images are being uploaded. I sign back in and the process continues until it is finished. When it displays the four home page options and you pick any of the four, the menu is shown corrupted.

But the MENU is corrupted as you see in the attached image, showing a bunch of text but not the menu. I have restore the website multiple times and this repeats every time.

I have used both Safari and Chrome browsers on my Macbook Pro and used two different wifi networks both running 100mb/sec and it repeats the same way every time.

I suspect there is an error in your software that is causing the wordpress user cookie to be invalidated causing the admin user to be signed out and forcing admin to sign in again. During this process the DB data around the menu is being corrupted.

Please confirm you can see the issue and issue a fix asap. See the attached image.

Ken

Attachments:

TWO BUGS FOUND!

BUG 1: The reason for the menu NOT working is because:

APPEARANCE > MENUS > MANAGE LOCATIONS selector is SET to “Select a Menu” and should be set to “Menu 1”. Please Fix. See image.

BUG 2: APPEARANCE > MENUS you have “Contact” in the Menu Structure, BUT there is no “Contact” Page shown on the left. Only “Contact 1” and “Contact 2”. You must have it hard coded somewhere. Please fix.

Attachments:

Hi kennethervinyoung,

Could you please give us your Admin login details?
      We will check this and assist you.
      Looking forward to your reply!

No you may not have admin access to my account. You don’t need it to confirm and fix these two bugs. I provided you screenshots.

Set up a new website with a clean install and you will see both the bugs I shared. I have worked around both bugs in my website install so you would not see the bugs there.

Hi again,

We need WP login details to check. And if the issue exists. We will fix it for you.
      Please give it to us. If you don’t offer it to us. How we fix it for you?
      we ensure safety for your site.

Thanks!

I think we may have a language translation problem.

Please have another person stronger in English read my prior posts. Look at the two most recent images. The selector is being left by your script on the “unselected” position causing the first bug. The second Bug is clearly a missing page name in the list but magically present in the menu 1.

My posts are very clear that I have worked around the two bugs on my own installation and you need only to set up a new vineyard template installation on your own servers to be able to see both bugs I reported.

Hi again,

Because we checked these bugs on our site. And we didn’t see the issue as you said.
      You can see this screenshot.
      http://prntscr.com/h8y8kc

And about the second problem. We noticed that isn’t a bug.
      You can add Contact 1 or Contact 2 and change the title at here.
      http://prntscr.com/h8y9lh.
      http://prntscr.com/h8ybjk

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.