Home Forums Themes Support Venus – VIP Shop WordPress Theme One Click Import Data – Not so 1-click

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

1. I install WP
      2. I install the theme
      3. I install and activate the plugins
      4. I watch the “tutorial” for installing demo data because I don’t want to waste time building the layouts from the ground up
      5. I go to Theme Options and click Import, of course in the “Import Sample Data” section
      6. After 704 ms I get success but nothing is imported
      7. I look in the console, I see this: “Import error! Please unninstall WP importer plugin and try again”
      8. First thing, “unninstall” is misspelled, it should be “uninstall”
      9. I go in the theme folder venus/framework/admin/sample and look in the importer.php
      10. I see the error is triggered on line 21.
      11. I debug $importer_error after “if ( !class_exists( ‘WP_Importer’ ) ) { … }” it returns false
      12. I debug $importer error after “if ( !class_exists( ‘WP_Import’ ) ) { … }” it returns true
      13. I go in venus/framework/admin/sample/wordpress-importer and look for the file that failed to include, wordpress-importer.php
      14. Guess what, THE FILE IS NOT THERE!!!
      15. I think I did something wrong, download the file again from envato … same thing. The file is not there
      16. I go to http://docs.jwsuperthemes.com/venus/ and look again. I see that an xml file should be in the zip with the theme.
      17. The only .xml file in the theme folder is sample.xml in the venus/framework/admin/sample/cayto folder
      18. I go back to sample folder and look for the “venus” folder but of course, there is no such folder 🙂
      19. I look in the importer file again, on line 25 I see $themefoldername = ‘medicare’; and on line 27 $result = $wp_import->import( ABS_PATH_ADMIN. ‘/sample/’.$themefoldername.’/sample.xml’);
      20. I think the following: I bought the Venus theme which comes with the cayto sample.xml file and the “One Click Importer” as you like to call it searches for the medicare theme folder. WTF??? ( sorry for the last remark but it really was in my head 🙂 )
      21. I keep thinking of this guys as top developers and not juniors and give them another chance … maybe I got something wrong ( it really could be that because this is the first theme from this agency and I did not have time to go through the whole process and see, maybe they override this function somewhere … but hey, the debug functions would not have worked there if that was the case )

Another thing I want to mention is that ABS_PATH_ADMIN used in venus/framework/admin/sample/importer.php on lines 16 and 27 does not seem to be defined anywhere 🙂

So, guys, give me instructions on what else I should do about this and, of course, one reason for which I should not leave a bad review on Envato.

Thank you,
      I really appreciate it.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      This reply has been marked as private.

Hi,

Thank you for the link. It all looks ok now.

I have some 504 errors during the sample import but I am trying to get rid of them using server settings – whatever they allow me to do 🙂

In case I will still encounter issues with the one click importer, I will run themanual import and if that fails too, I will contact you again.

However, thank you again for the reply.

Keep up the good work and make sure to have the files updated on envato – not sure what is the process for that.

Have a great day/night,
      Cornel Raiu

Hello there,

Thank you so much for being patient with us!

If something still not work properly, please feel free to contact us again! We are always ready to assist you.

Wish you would have a beautiful & functional website 🙂

Kind Regards,
      Sophie

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.