Home Forums Themes Support Preschool WordPress Theme Languages supported

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,

I want to know if French language is supported and already translated?
      If not, how can i translate the preschool theme entirely (classes, courses, blog…) and properly ?

Thanks in advance

Hello there,

Thank you so much for purchasing our theme!

French language is not ready to translate. Sorry for this. However, you can translate the entire theme or some texts of the theme manually.

Please do as follows:

– First, install PO edit https://poedit.net/

– Next, open .po or pot file and translate it http://prntscr.com/bmhtpt

Here is the video tutorial:

Thank you for waiting for our response!

Kind Regards,
      Sophie

Hello, and thanks for the response.

But, my issue is not resolved : in the theme folder, there is a folder named “languages” where inside, there is a EN_us.pot. I thought this is the file template base for theme translation, BUT inside, there are few terms but not all the terms used by your theme (i think about Classe Single page with table of caracteristics to translate, or in blog page, i want to translate the “by” term or “comment”…).
      I translate the terms from the EN_us.pot template and generate a FR_fr.po and .mo : i well understand this i think; so far, so good. BUT how to know all the terms to translate used in your theme? Your theme is not “translatable” ready (i dont speak just about French) ? Can you provide me a .pot file template (in any language) with all terms used in your theme ?

Thanks in advance.

Hello there,

In the first time you translated the entire theme, some terms were still not translated. This is due to those terms are out of automatically translatable file. Therefore, we have to translate them manually.

Please show me a list of terms you would like to translate. I will show you which files to work with.

Sorry for this inconvenience!

Kind Regards,
      Sophie

Thanks for the response.
      Ok, i can try to search, in files of theme, words and terms i want to translate (with grep command, i think its ok, but if i have a problem, i contact you again…).

I have another question, I have change in my wordpress general settings the date format but it’s not applicate to the theme… Where can i change the date format displaying of theme (in blog page or blog widget for example, or other…)?

And another one ^^ : i find many terms to translate in diferents files (in templates folder), and i see source code like “esc_html__(‘Start date’,’prechool’);” or “esc_html__(‘Years old’,’prechool’);”. It seems to be the method used for translation but what this domain ‘prechool’ and how can i translate properly these terms (i try to add terms/translation into fr_FR.po, recompile to .mo and re-add in languages folder but this do not change nothing :- ). Thanks

Ok, i find why translation did not work : i change the domain name param used in function esc_html__ to ‘preschool’ instead of ‘prechool’ and my translations (in the file fr_FR in languages folder theme) works now !
      Its a little strange… There are another issue in other files of the theme, i’ve seen ’prechool’ in any files and seen ‘preshool’ in another… It smells like a bad replacement…

This reply has been marked as private.

Hello there,

How is your site going? Is it well now?

Whenever you need our assistance again, please feel free to contact us again https://jwsuperthemes.com/forums

Thanks so much!
      Sophie

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.